Travel between hospital sites
There is a free shuttle bus service available between Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital for patients, staff and visitors. This service is free and runs from Monday to Friday. The journey time is approximately 15 minutes.
Pick up and drop off will only be made at the following locations:
- Chase Farm Hospital, Main entrance Clock Tower Building
- Barnet Hospital, East entrance
Protocol for passengers:
- No eating or drinking on the vehicle. Passengers will be asked to leave immediately if caught.
- No smoking on the vehicle. Passengers will be asked to leave immediately if caught. It is also illegal and against trust policy.
- Seatbelts must be worn when the vehicle is in motion.
- Children are not permitted to travel unless they can be appropriately secured in their seat. This must be done by either using the existing normal seatbelt (if child is big enough) or providing their own baby or booster seat for smaller sized children. Children must also be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- The driver has the right to refuse entry to the shuttle Bus to anyone who is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances.
- If a passenger physically or verbally assaults another passenger or driver, the vehicle will be stopped immediately and the passenger will be evicted from the vehicle. Police will be called to any physical abuse.
- If the passenger refuses to exit the vehicle, all passengers and driver must alight and the vehicle will be terminated at this point. The police must be called to remove passenger. Normal service will not resume until the passenger has been removed.
- Do not distract the drivers attention when the vehicle is in motion
|Departs from Chase Farm Mon - Fri||Departs from Barnet Mon-Fri|
|07:35 am||08:05 am|
|08:40 am||09:15 am|
|12:40 pm||13:10 pm|
|13:40 pm||14:10 pm|
|15:40 pm||16:10 pm|
|16:40 pm||17:15 pm|
|18:00 pm||18:30 pm|
614 bus route
The 614 bus route accepts Oyster cards. Single cash journeys are £2.20, Pay as you go Oyster cards are £1.30. Pension cards are also accepted.
If you use the 614 service treat all bus stops as request stops. When waiting, put your arm out when the bus is approaching and before your stop, press the bell to request the bus to stop.
“During my three days stay, I didn't meet one unfriendly employee. Everyone was so experienced, nice and helpful, which made the experience of giving birth less stressful.”More patient comments from NHS Choices
“Every step of the treatment was explained. My opinion was asked and respected. I could not have received better treatment anywhere else.”More patient comments from NHS Choices