No Smoking Day at Chase Farm Hospital
Last updated 2-Mar-11 15:45
Almost a million smokers in the UK kick the habit on No Smoking Day every year which this year is on Wednesday 9 March 2011.
Nearly two thirds of smokers in the UK would like to quit. No Smoking Day aims to help them as with the right NHS support people are four times more likely to succeed in quitting.
If you'd like to stop smoking Smokefree Enfield and Haringey can help you.
Smokefree Enfield and Haringey are holding events at Chase Farm Hospital to help reach smokers who would like to quit on:
- Monday 7 March, from 11.30am-2.30pm, in the Clocktower building main entrance, Chase Farm Hospital.
- Wednesday 9 March, from 11.30am-3pm, in Greenfields Restaurant and the Clocktower building main entrance, Chase Farm Hospital.
- Friday 11 March, from 11.30am-2.30pm, in the Glass Corridor, Highlands wing, Chase Farm Hospital.
Smokefree Enfield and Haringey also offer support to patients at Chase Farm Hospital. Patients can be visited on the ward or they can attend clinics held every Wednesday from 9.30am-3pm and every Friday from 9.30am-3pm in the Orthoptist Room (next to the Pharmacy), Clocktower building, Chase Farm Hospital. Please call and book an appointment on 0800 085 6258.
Are you interested in giving up smoking? Here are some top tips to help you:
- Contact Smokefree Enfield and Haringey on 0800 085 6258 or visit www.smokefreeenfield.nhs.uk or www.smokefreeharingey.nhs.uk for information and support. You are 4 times more likely to stop smoking.
- Get some Nicotine Replacement Therapy such as patches, gum or Champix. It can double your chance of stopping smoking.
- Write down all the reasons you want to stop and stick it on the fridge to help you stay motivated.
- Talk to your friends, family and workmates - support from them is essential - why not quit together and keep each other motivated?
No Smoking Day is a UK wide charity that runs the highly successful annual health campaign helping smokers who want to quit. Now in its 28th year, the campaign's mission is to inspire as many smokers as possible to help them quit their addiction and take control of their health and looks. For further information please visit www.nosmokingday.org.uk.
The No Smoking Day campaign has created an online hub www.wequit.co.uk where people wishing to quit can find out about help available, get tips and advice on how to succeed as well as chat with other smokers wishing to quit and ex-smokers who understand what they are facing.
“During my three days stay, I didn't meet one unfriendly employee. Everyone was so experienced, nice and helpful, which made the experience of giving birth less stressful.”More patient comments from NHS Choices
“Professional, friendly, caring, calm and clean!”More patient comments from NHS Choices