The Gastroenterology department provides a range of both out-patient and in-patient services for patients with gastrointestinal disorders.
These services include:
- rapid access to diagnostics and clinics for patients with suspected GI malignancies
- general gastroenterology out-patients clinics at Barnet Hospital, Chase Farm Hospital and Edgware Community Hospital
- inflammatory bowel disease clinics (by Consultants and IBD Nurse Specialist)
- coeliac disease clinic (by Clinical Nurse Specialist and Dietitian)
- dyspepsia clinic (by Clinical Nurse Specialist)
- hepatitis clinics (by Consultant and Hepatitis Nurse Specialist)
- state of the art endoscopy services with particular expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and colonoscopy (including EMR - endoscopic mucosal resection, stenting and ERCP - Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreotography)
- nutrition services with weekly ward-rounds
- service for the detection of malabsorption disorders (Hydrogen breath tests)
- pelvic floor dysfunction service
All Consultant Gastroenterologists provide both inpatient and out-patient services as well as offering their own particular areas of specialist interest.
Dr Kalpesh Besherdas
Dr Marta Carpani
Dr Raymond D'Souza
Dr Steve Mann
Dr Kwok Tang
Dr Niall Van Someren
Dr Simona Di Caro (Locum)
Clinical Nurse Specialists
In addition, there is a close link with both the Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Cancer Services (Dr Carpani is Lead Clinician of the Upper GI Cancer Service). Close links with Royal Free Hospital and UCLH are fully established.